Government employees are entitled to use Microsoft Office software on their home computer as part of the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP).
Under the Districts site license, full time faculty and staff are qualified to purchase and download
Microsoft Office Suite to your home computer for
just $9.95. This means you can install these applications on your HOME PC or Mac, depending on the suite you choose to purchase.
Products include: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Publisher, InfoPath, and Lync for the PC or Microsoft Office: Mac.
The Microsoft suite is downloaded from the web and payment must be made online and by credit card only.
To order Microsoft Office products through the HUP option, follow these steps:
- Click this link:
Microsoft Eligibility Site and click the
"Don't Know Your Program Code? Click Here" link.
- The Microsoft Eligibility Site will work for email addresses from SAC and RSCCD. SCCOLLEGE email users must call the ITS help desk at 714-564-HELP (4357) or 44357 for a special code.
- This will prompt for your campus email address. Once eligibility is verified, you will see the screen below:
- You will receive an email from Microsoft after they have verified your eligibility. It may take several minutes before you receive the verification email from Microsoft.
- To place your order, click on the "Buy Now" link
in the email you received, add the items you wish to purchase to your cart, and select
- You can also choose to purchase a "backup disk" with the Office suite; the $9.95 only includes the "downloaded" version.
- On the checkout screen, enter your billing address and credit card information.
Continue and follow the prompts to complete your purchase and download your software.