Knowing our community and students well is important to the college district. We believe that investing in research to thoroughly understand our constituents guides planning and improves the quality of education and services we can present. The RSCCD District Research, Planning & Institutional Effectiveness Department provides support to the community, staff, faculty, and administration of Santa Ana College, Santiago Canyon College, and the District Office. Housed in RSCCD’s District Operations Center, the department:
- designs, conducts, and publishes "regular" statistical studies to assist in RSCCD's policy and program planning and development.
- designs, conducts and publishes "special" studies to meet departmental, institutional, community, and state/federally-mandated needs.
- compiles, analyzes, and verifies data produced by outside agencies for accountability and other research purposes.
- provides assistance, guidance, and/or support to faculty, staff, and other individuals not employed by RSCCD in the conduct of their research activities and coordinates District and/or College-related research efforts. Click to
view Research Protocol policies and download form or click
here to fill out the form online and send via email.
- is available to assist you with your evaluation needs, if desired.
The department also hosts the Orange County Center of Excellence (OC COE) program where we:
- provide Orange County community colleges the labor market information (LMI) and research information required for the recommendation of new, existing, and exploratory Career Education programs.
collaborate with educational and industry entities to connect community colleges and workforce partners to ensure we serve the community appropriately.
The District Research, Planning & Institutional Effectiveness Department is located at the RSCCD Operations Center at 2323 N. Broadway Street, in Santa Ana, CA 92706-1640, Suite 350. Our general telephone number is (714) 480-7468.