Santa Ana College is seeking a highly visible, visionary, innovative leader, who is willing to make a long-term commitment to the College, will be invested in the college and community, and through genuine communication serve as a strong advocate for the diverse student population.
Through a nation-wide search, the College is looking for qualified candidates that possess the following personal characteristics and qualities:
- Demonstrated evidence in being an approachable, equity-minded and community-driven leader who is student centered, empowers a diverse student population, and embraces diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Experience in collaboration and participatory governance with a diverse population of students, personnel, and community members to achieve consensus on educational and economic goals.
- Possesses a strategic and innovative vision of how the College can increase enrollment, improve student retention; ensure the completion of programs and degrees.
- A leader who supports the building of a diverse student community through campus-wide activities that result in a positive learning environment and opportunities for student leadership.
- Commitment to providing a fair and equitable environment for all employees.
- Experience in prioritizing and leading the implementation of college-wide technology infrastructure, overseeing construction of new facilities and compliance with bond requirements.
- Evidence of strong financial acumen and a successful track record of balancing the budget.
- Experience developing public and private partnerships and serving as an astute advocate on a local and legislative level.
- Demonstrated experience and a commitment to pro-fessional development opportunities for all employees.
- Understands and supports SAC’s Guided Pathways initiative, and explores the relationship with non-credit/CTE, child development programs and public safety academies to increase student success.
- Focus on transparency, accountability and open communication in decision-making processes that will promote faculty, staff and student buy-in.
- Demonstrates experience in the collective bargaining process and a deep commitment to the development of a collaborative, collegial relationship with faculty, staff, and employee group leaders.
- A decisive transformational leader, with a high level of integrity, who builds trust and develops relationships to facilitate the empowerment of employees.
- Experience in leading the accreditation process.