Santiago Canyon College is seeking a visionary leader who is empathetic and equity-minded who will build upon a strong tradition of collaboration in pursuit of student success. The new President will serve as a tireless advocate, make a long-term commitment to the College and develop a blueprint to strategically grow the college and programs to best serve the needs of the community.
Through a nation-wide search, the College is looking for qualified candidates that possess the following personal characteristics and qualities:
- Evidence of collaborative, empathetic, approachable, honest, and energizing leadership, ready to move the College forward through shared implementation of strategic plans including enrollment management, facilities, technology and other related plans.
- Highly effective and transparent communicator with strong interpersonal skills that prioritizes openness and transparency in decision-making.
- Demonstrated abilities of a strong understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion, and their importance to the success of the College.
- Demonstrated experience in crisis management leadership and an ability to successfully lead the College through the current pandemic and other crises with compassion, guided by the best interests of students, faculty, and classified professionals.
- An experienced fundraiser who has developed multiple revenue streams to support the campus and community at large.
- Provide evidence of building effective community outreach and industry connectivity, and facilitate strategic engagements to expand partnerships that align with career education programs.
- Track record of respecting faculty and campus professionals, and dedicating institutional resources to professional development.
- Demonstrated experience of successfully implementing a Guided Pathways framework.
- Decisive leader capable of working effectively and respectfully with all constituents to advance student success.
- Critical thinker who will support the implementation of innovative approaches that foster enrollment, and promote degree and certificate programs aligned with student and community needs.
- Strong experience analyzing and supporting academic and, workforce, credit and non-credit programs, and making strategic decisions in partnership with faculty to best move our institution forward.
- A student-centered leader who is visible within the campus community, interacts with students to understand their needs, and solicits, listens to, and incorporates the student voice.
- Demonstrated experience working with collective bargaining units and knowledge of collective bargaining agreements.