Santiago Canyon College seeks an exceptional leader who possesses the vision and commitment necessary to guide the college to greater levels of student access and success as it continues serving the educational needs of the surrounding community. The President leads the college by advancing students toward attainment of their educational and career readiness goals and by effectively mobilizing instructional and support resources to improve student achievement and outcomes. The successful candidate will possess the following experience, characteristics and qualities:
- Demonstrated strategic ability to plan for change in ways that ensure broad buy-in and action that, in turn, significantly improve student access and success;
- Demonstrated success in building an effective and cohesive leadership team;
- Demonstrated passion for serving community college students and an understanding of the sense of urgency required to foster equity in both access and student success;
- Demonstrated results-oriented approach focused on plans and implementation efforts based on student success and achievement rates;
- Demonstrated strength of character as exemplified by behavioral integrity and ethical decision making;
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and earn the trust of internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders, among other things, the college goals and strategic objectives to advance student access and success;
- Demonstrated experience with fiscal processes, including securing sufficient resources to adequately fund college operations and ensuring adequate controls to prevent fiscal mismanagement;
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, construction and effective utilization of college facilities;
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial abilities with a track record as a successful fundraiser; and
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with external partners and developing joint programs or partnerships to leverage resources to reach underserved populations and achieve greater levels of student success.
Candidates are encouraged to review all of the information for the Santiago Canyon College President position and
submit their application materials online by selecting the
Apply Now link to the right.