ON-LINE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
The Board of Trustees and staff are pleased that you are interested in submitting an application for employment with Rancho Santiago Community College District. To assist you in completing the application, the following instructions are provided.
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
· Select the job category
Ø Classified positions are non-teaching positions, include clerical and secretarial support staff, custodians, instructional assistants, non academic coordinators and specialists, technicians, accountants, supervisory, confidential and some administrative positions.
Ø Academic positions include faculty, counselors, librarians, psychologists, deans and other administrative positions that supervise instructional or student services areas.
· Find jobs, select a specific job to apply and view the job detail. It is important that you open the link to the Job Announcement for detailed information about the position. Have all the information needed to complete the application profile and all the required documents stated on the job announcement.
· “Apply for this position” when ready to apply. For new applicants, create an account (User ID and Password). For previous applicants, login with your email address or User ID and Password.
· For consideration in the selection process, new applicants must complete the application profile by typing the information in the boxes. For previous applicants, review saved application profile, update if necessary. Upload all the required application materials as stated in the job announcement for each position you are applying. You may also upload any additional materials that you want to be considered by the screening committee. Human Resources Department does not retrieve documents from your personnel file or previous applications. Current employees may make an appointment to see their personnel file and have copies made of documents needed and upload it with your online application.
· Complete all sections of the application even if the entries duplicate information on your resume. Screening Committees may consider your application incomplete if you refer to your resume or other source for information. All statements made in the application should be true and correct to the best of your knowledge. Any misstatement may be cause for rejection of your application or dismissal from employment, if hired. The application profile is used as part of the screening process and should represent your best effort. Incomplete application may disqualify you. The completed on line application profile is used by the screening committee to screen candidates for interviews. Avoid any reference to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or sexual orientation, except when completing the voluntary survey section.
· Check status of application in My Homepage. Following the closing date, your online application, if complete, will be forwarded to the screening committee. Candidates selected for interviews will interview with the committee and may also be interviewed by appropriate District administrators. Applicants not chosen for interview will be notified by e-mail when the screening committee has concluded its review, normally within three (3) weeks after the closing date.
· Travel reimbursement is available for candidates who qualify under current Board policy. Please ask about qualifications for such reimbursement.
· Employment offers are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. Fingerprinting and a criminal background check will be conducted upon employment. If you have any questions regarding applications, screening or selection processes please contact Employment Services at (714) 480-7485.
The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants should contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
RANCHO SANTIAGO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT is an equal employment opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics), marital status, citizenship, or service in the uniformed services, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.