ITS Help Desk
- The ITS Help Desk is a central point of contact for faculty and staff to report for help with technology issues.
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 7:30AM to 4:30PM (excluding District holidays).
Note for Students
The ITS Help Desk is for FACULTY and STAFF only.
Check the STUDENT TECHNOLOGY HELP links on the left panel.
Common IT Issues
For other common issues, refer to "Training" links (for ITS online training documentation and related information) on the left navigation panel.
Website: Help Request & FAQ (https://webhelpdesk.rsccd.edu).
Phone Call: 714-564-HELP (4357) Extension 0.
- When you email
firstname.lastname@example.org a ticket is automatically generated (e.g., Ticket 12345).
- NOTE: Please use your District email address when emailing email@example.com.
- NOTE: If you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from an outside email address (e.g., you are unable to access your District email), we will still receive the email. However, a ticket number will NOT be automatically generated. You may also receive an error message.
- In this case, please leave us a voicemail at 714-564-4357 Extension 0.
- Please limit requests to one topic per email.
- Add attachments or screenshots, which will be added to your ticket automatically.
- Provide as much relevant information as possible, so we can expedite your request.
- For your protection: Please DO NOT send private information such as social security number (SSN), birthdate, (DOB), or home address information via email.
Help Desk Ticket Workflow
- Whether you create a ticket by email, website, or phone call, email@example.com will send you updates at your District email address for each step of the ticket process.
- You will receive an email when your new ticket is created, with a unique ticket number in the email subject line.
- (e.g., Ticket 12345 New --> Locked out of account).
Assigned to Tech
- Once the ticket is assigned, you will also receive an email.
- (e.g., Ticket 12345 Assigned to Tech --> Locked out of account).
- Updates to your ticket will be made via email and saved as notes inside of the ticket.
- (e.g., Ticket 12345 Assigned to Tech (Updated) --> Locked out of account).
- You can "Reply" to the email to add your notes to the same ticket.
- NOTE: Email replies must contain the ticket (e.g., Ticket 12345) in the email subject line and be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added as notes to the ticket.
- If ITS is waiting on information to complete your request, the ticket will be updated to a Pending status while we wait for your reply.
- (e.g., Ticket 12345 Pending --> Locked out of account).
- When the work has been completed you will be sent an email.
- (e.g., Ticket 12345 Resolved --> Locked out of account).
- The resolved ticket contains a Yes/No option.
- If your issue is truly resolved, then click "Yes," which closes the ticket.
- Clicking "No" will reopen the ticket and assign it back to the technician.
- (e.g., Ticket 12345 Reopened --> Locked out of account).
- Upon closure of the ticket you will receive one final email with a link to our ITS survey.
- (e.g., Ticket 12345 Closed --> Locked out of account).
- If an issue recurs for a ticket that is already Closed, please submit a new ticket.
ITS Help Desk Team Members:
|Dane Clacken||Director Technology Infrastructure and Support Services||7:30am - 4:30pm||714-480-7417|
Jericho Fulgencio||Help Desk Analyst|
7:30am - 4:30pm
|Glenn Lott||Technical Specialist I||8:00am - 4:30pm||714-480-7446|
8:00am - 4:30pm