THE THREE Ds.
DIVERSITY, DIALOGUE AND DEVELOPMENT: Restructuring Reality
The Rancho Santiago Community College District is committed to building an inclusive educational community that is reflective of those with whom we teach, engage and collaborate.
As an educational institution, it is our collective responsibility to be a transformative agent that drives ethical and cultural evolution to bring about societal improvement and to cultivate positive change.
Recognizing the importance of diverse viewpoints, equitable learning, and promoting the richness of our cultures, the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion's (ODEI)
mission is to attract and retain diverse individuals, to listen, to educate, to advance professional development
and to afford every stakeholder a voice.
We have developed diversity, equity and inclusion training for all employees. Please see the link below.
Driven by the guiding principles set forth by the RSCCD Board of Trustees,
the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will:
- assess and monitor the district climate on diversity, equity and inclusion;
- develop, review and ensure inclusive policies in hiring, retention and procedures in recruitment and codes of conduct;
- provide and facilitate innovative training programs for employees to raise their racial, social and cultural competencies;
- encourage the development of inclusive, employee-led spaces;
- and identify, recruit and retain diverse applicants.
Diversity Training will be provided on the Canvas platform starting in November 2020.
- Examining Worldview
- Building Emotional Intelligence
- Attitude Formation: Unconscious and Implicit Bias
- Forms of Privilege
- History of Racism and White Supremacy in America
- Cognitive Science of Learning
- Inclusive Pedagogy (part 1)
- Racism- Individual vs. Institutional/Structural, Systematic
- How to be an Anti-Racist
- Discrimination- The Cost of Oppression
- Racial and Gender Microaggressions
- Individual and Collective Accountability
- Building Anti-Racism
- Restorative Justice
- Inclusive Pedagogy (part 2)
- Prejudice in the Workplace
- Decolonizing Leadership Models in Higher Education
- Creating Inclusive Working Climates
- Equitable Hiring Practices
- LGBTQIA Competency
- Developing Inclusive Racial, Social and Cultural Competency
- Cultural Diversity in a Just and Equitable Society
- Inclusive Pedagogy (part3)
| Launch Date: November 2020 || Launch Date : October 2021|| Launch Date: September 2022|
Connect With Us