(Santa Ana) - Santa Ana College (SAC) is launching the Online Degree Pathway Program in fall 2014. The program’s first three offerings are Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer (A.S.T.); Business Administration Major Preparation for California State University, Fullerton; and Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts. Designed to help highly motivated students graduate from community college in two years, the program will require students to take classes according to a prescribed schedule.
“We are excited to add the new Online Degree Pathway Program to our academic certificate and degree programs,” said Erlinda J. Martinez, Ed.D., SAC president. “These offerings will be perfect for students who need a flexible class schedule due to work and family obligations, yet want to be a full-time student. The program will provide an accelerated pathway to degree or major completion without classroom attendance while offering a structured approach maximizing academic success.”
The college is seeking 30 ambitious, self-disciplined students to submit applications for participation in the first cohort of each of these three programs. These students will learn and study collaboratively throughout the two years of the program.
Here is how the programs work:
- Courses will run in an accelerated eight-week format.
- Students will generally take two classes per eight-week session.
- Courses are designated and reserved for students in the Online Degree Pathway
- Students in the cohort must take the prescribed courses as they are presented.
- Once students complete the A.S. in Business Administration for Transfer degree, they may transfer into California State University, Fullerton’s online completion program to earn their bachelor’s degree in business administration.
Requirements for the program include:
- Complete the SAC reading proficiency requirement prior to acceptance into the Online Degree Pathway Program.
- Complete the prerequisite coursework for Math 150.
- Complete the SAC Online Student Orientation.
- Agree to take courses in the prescribed semester and order.
- Attend the mandatory on-campus student orientation.
- Attend at least two Online Degree Pathway activities/mixers.
If you are interested in these programs, early application is encouraged. If remediation is required in math or reading, classes are available during the summer beginning June 16. In-depth information about the programs is available at www.sac.edu/OnlinePathway. For more information about the Online Degree Pathway Program, call the Santa Ana College Distance Education Department at (714) 564-6725 or email email@example.com.
About Santa Ana College
Santa Ana College (SAC), which will turn 100 years old in 2015, serves about 18,000 students each semester at its main campus in Santa Ana. The college prepares students for transfer to four-year institutions, provides invaluable workforce training, and customized training for business and industry. In addition, another 10,000 students are served through the college’s School of Continuing Education located at Centennial Education Center. Ranked as one of the nation’s top two-year colleges awarding associate degrees to Latino and Asian students, the college is also recognized throughout the state for its comprehensive workforce training programs for nurses, firefighters, law enforcement and other medical personnel. SAC is one of two comprehensive colleges under the auspices of the Rancho Santiago Community College District. Visit www.sac.edu to learn more.
# # #