Here is a snap-shot of some of the fringe benefits provided to employees based on full-time employment. The benefits of less than full-time assignment shall be prorated. Employees in positions less than 20 hours per week do not receive any fringe benefits. For more detailed information, please consult the appropriate bargaining agreements listed below.
Rancho Santiago Community College District employees are represented by four bargaining units. The District is represented by negotiation teams for each of the four bargaining units and the bargaining units are represented by a negotiation team from the respective constituent employee group.
- CEFA - Continuing Education Faculty Association, CEFA represents all part-time hourly academic employees assigned to the Continuing Education Division.
- CSEA Chapter 579 - California School Employees Association represents Classified employees.
- CSEA Chapter 888 - California School Employees Association represents the Child Development Teachers Unit.
- FARSCCD - Faculty Association Rancho Santiago Community College District, FARSCCD represents all academic employees, full-time and part-time credit and full-time continuing education.
Fringe Benefits per bargaining group:
– 27 days of vacation annually (Earned at 18 hours per month)
SICK LEAVE – 12 sick days per year.
SICK LEAVE – Faculty members employed on a full-time basis shall be entitled to one (1) day's leave of absence for illness or injury with full pay for each month of service under contract:
175 day contracts - 10 days
192 day contracts - 11 days
225 day contracts - 12 days
Sick Leave - Unit members shall accrue one hour of sick leave for every 17 hours of paid service
CDCTA Child Development
Sick Leave - CDCTA members employed (5) days a week shall be entitled to 12 days leave of absence for illness or injury. Fractional assignments shall receive proportionate leave entitlement.
VACATION – CSEA employees are granted 12 days of vacation through the first five years of service to the District; 18 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 24 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District.
SICK LEAVE – 12 sick days per year
Holiday Leave - 18 days are observed, per Article 11 of CSEA contract
Health & Welfare - The maximum District contribution as of 1/1/18 is $28,257.96
Annual Fringe Benefit - $1500 is allotted to each full time employee to offset any health & welfare costs