Open Enrollment for 2021 Benefits
Monday, October 26th – Friday, October 30th, 2020
Changes will be effective January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021 plan year.
This is the only time you can make changes to your benefits unless you have a life-event change during the year.
A Life Event Change includes, birth or adoption of a child, marriage, divorce, loss of existing coverage or death.
If you have a life-event change, remember, you must notify the Benefits Department within 30 days of the change in order to add or subtract someone from your benefits.
If you are happy with your benefits and you want to roll-over all your selections to next year, you do not need to do anything, however, we recommend that you log-in to AFenroll and verify all your selections. (see directions at bottom of page)
The only selections that will not roll-over are the flexible spending accounts – the Health Care Reimbursement and the Day Care Reimbursement. You will need to meet with an American Fidelity representative or you can now make changes yourself in the AFenroll on-line system.
There have been Plan changes to our benefits this year. See items marked in red below.
This year, your open enrollment will be completed using AFEnroll by American Fidelity. This means you can enroll in major medical insurance, dental and vision insurance Section 125 benefits, and supplemental benefits—all in one place using their online system!
American Fidelity representatives will be available virtually to walk you through the enrollment system and answer any questions you may have.
AFenroll- How to Login
AFenroll.mp4 video demonstration
2. At the login screen, you will enter the site using the following information:
• Type in your user ID:
Your Social Security Number (SSN)
• Type in your PIN:
The last four digits of your SSN and last two of your birth year. (For example, for SSN
123-45-6789 and birth year 1974, you would type in 678974).
3. Click the ‘Log On’ button.
Changing Your PIN
You will be asked to change your PIN and complete the security questions, after your initial login to the system. Enter a new PIN and confirm it on the next line. You may choose any combination of letters and numbers. Entering your PIN is the equivalent of your digital signature. Before you can complete your PIN change, you must select a security question, answer it, and provide your email address.
This will allow you to reset your PIN if you forget it. Click the ‘Save New PIN’ button.
- Log Out: If you leave the site in the middle of the process, click the ‘Log Out’ button to save your selections.
- Print Confirmation: Be sure to print your confirmation. Once you confirm your enrollment, you may click on the confirmation link at the bottom of the ‘Sign/Submit Complete’ to print your confirmation statement.
- Re-Enter/Make Changes: You may re-enter the enrollment site (including to ‘View Only’ your original selections) to make changes at any time during your enrollment period. Please note: Before you exit the system, you must re-confirm with your PIN or your enrollment will not be valid.
- Opting Out: If you choose not to select benefits, you must enter each product module and make that choice.
- Required: Social Security Numbers and Dates of Birth are required for all employees and their dependents.
- Adding Dependent: If you are adding a dependent as a beneficiary, their Social Security Number is required.
- Signature: You will use your PIN to confirm applications and your enrollment confirmation.
If you have any questions about your benefits, please call Diane Loya at 714-480-7567.